Friday, September 25, 2009

Bubba Gump Shrimp


OMG - teenagers are so difficult! Just kidding, Lt. Dan is the sweestest little thing. As you can tell, Lt. Dan is in his adolescent stage, which is still a kitten in my eyes, so he will be treated as such.

Lt. Dan might just be my most difficult case yet - he's so scared of everything. I turned on my electric toothbrush last night and oh man, you'd think I had set off a firecracker or something. Right now, he hangs out behind the toilet in the bathroom where it's nearly impossible to see him. Oh, and did I mention that I stuffed blankets under the couch so he can't hide under there?

This morning I couldn't find him, so I decided to let him be and get into the shower. Well, I turn on the water and immediately hear the sound of death, followed by Lt. Dan climbing out of the tub. Poor little guy was in the tub sleeping and got quite a rude awakening. I felt so awful.

I went and sat next to the toilet and comforted him. I let him sniff my hands and get used to my scent, and then a few minutes later he let me pet him, as he was shaking out of absolute fear. His pupils were also extremely dialated - another sign of anxiety. Eventually, I was able to pick him up and snuggle for a few minutes. He did not purr, but he stopped shaking, which made me feel better.

It's really hard to see Lt. Dan so terrified and confused, especially after the ordeal he's been through in the past few weeks. I know he'll come around in a few days, but for now, all I can do is slowly introduce myself and make him comfortable in his new home.

God, I swear, there is nothing better than a kitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment