Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Here kitty, kitty...

To catch a kittay, one must think like a kittay

After moving the couch from one side of the room to the other, it became obvious that Lt. Dan was no longer hiding under there. This made mommy very nervous. As I endlessly crawled around the apartment looking under every piece of furniture, I noticed a toy mouse near the radiator and so as I reached down to grab it, I heard HISSSSSSSSSSSSS. My roommate and I both jumped as we had no idea where that noise could have come from. We then looked under the radiator to find two wittle baby ears sticking up - LT. DAN!

I found you

Shall we spray some water to get you to come out?

Shall we use the cat's natural enemy, the dust buster, to get you to come out?

UPDATE: 10:15pm - Lt. Dan has been removed from the radiator and is safely in his cage. He is not happy and continues to let us know.

UPDATE: 11pm - Tonight there was a major breakthrough - Lt. Dan purred! After leaving him to eat and get over his little angry fit, I decided to brush him while he sat in his cage. At first he was very tense, but then he realized that he actually enjoyed being brushed and rolled onto his side. He started to rub his face against my hand, and within a few minutes the purring began. I called for Katie, my roommate, who came out and joined us. The three of us had a moment, and it was during this time that I realized Lt. Dan was slowly, yet surely, coming out of his shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment