Monday, September 21, 2009

Wait, WHAT?

On Caturday, when I took Billie back to the ASPCA, the foster coordinator broke the news to me that she didn't have any babies. I'm sure the expression on my face was similar to that of a child who just opened their final gift on Christmas morning and realized that they weren't getting the toy they had asked for, but instead a pair of knitted socks from dear old grandma. While I know it's a good thing, it was very sad to think that the apartment would be kittenless for the first time since May.

ASPCA staff: "So, we don't have any kittens right now."
Nicole: "Wait, WHAT? Seriously? Like, there isn't a tiny baby in back who needs me?"
ASPCA staff: "We might get some in later today..."
Nicole: "So, can I call you tomorrow? What time would they be ready?"
ASPCA staff: "Um, they usually need to be assessed for 24 hours, so let me call you."

The rest of the day was particularly difficult. I continued to think I saw a little kitten run across the room or meow, but it was just my mind playing tricks on the poor creepy cat lady.

1 comment:

  1. Caturday. Made me guffaw in the library...I got shushed by the librarian.

    ReplyDelete